Ratatouille with an oriental touch

                  




 Let me introduce you to a little dish with a whole lot of flavour! I love eggplants in any shape and form and I always look for new ways to cook them. But rarely do I ever follow a recipe to the letter, sometimes because I don't have all the ingredients on hand, other times because just be reading it I can tell that I'd like to add/remove some parts and mostly because I like to make things my own way, to suit my own taste. So feel free to do the same with this and all my other recipes, have fun experimenting!
  
      Ingredients:

      - 1 eggplant, diced

      - 1 zucchini, sliced
      - 3 onions, sliced not too thinly
      - 3-4 large tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
      - 4 garlic cloves
      - 1 small bunch coriander
      - 3 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses
      - salt and pepper
      - extra virgin olive oil









  In a large bowl place the diced eggplant, drizzle it with e.v.o.o., stir to coat well than place in baking dish and bake at 375 F for about 25 minutes. Do the same with the zucchini and the onion slices. I like to put them in separate dishes as they don't have the same cooking time. While in the oven stir them a couple of times.







In a large pot add the cooked eggplant, zucchini, onions, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile mince the garlic and finely chop the coriander. When the tomatoes from the ratatouille have cooked down, add the pomegranate molasses, the coriander and the garlic, simmer a few minutes longer and adjust the seasonings. 






Enjoy it at room temperature with pita bread and olives!









Comments

Popular Posts