Avocado, eggplant and roasted red pepper salad

  So, it's that time of the week when I clean up my fridge and freezer before going grocery shopping and that usually means I come up with all sorts of 'whatever there is' salads, and, let me tell you, those turn out to be the best. It's a very exciting process: you find a lonely ingredient that's been patiently waiting for its turn to become the center of your attention and then you wonder what would go great with it and it'd have to be something you already have in your kitchen! I like that challenge! This time, I had some eggplant pulp left in the freezer and I decided to make a salad with it. And yes, the result is delicious, something to be made over and over again (or leftover and leftover again)!

Ingredients
- 1/2 avocado, carefully sliced
- 2 eggplants, chargrilled, peeled, drained and coarsely chopped 
- 2 roasted red peppers (I used from the jar), diced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2-3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper

  Mix the eggplant, roasted red pepper, onion and garlic with the salt, pepper, vinegar and evoo, stir to combine well then add avocado and stir again, gently, trying not to let the avocado fall apart (no big deal if that happens though!). Taste and adjust seasonings. Enjoy it with your favorite bread!









Comments

Popular Posts